Fulfil the dreams of loved up couples by becoming a wedding planner who can make their wedding day desires a reality. Being a wedding planner is one of the most rewarding and exciting professions available, without the need for a university degree, and getting started couldn’t be simpler! Complete the curriculum in less than 15 hours with our comprehensive course material, and you will be one step closer towards your wedding planning goals!
Easy to Manage Chunks
With this intensive course, students can enjoy bitesize module delivery, to ensure full understanding of every aspect of wedding planning. Study online and log in to the courseware at a time that suits, and before long, you can book clients and plan the perfect weddings. Start your new journey by signing up to this course, now!
This course has been fully accessed and approved by IVCAS (Independent Vocational Course Appraisal Service)*. For more Information Click here
Key learning points
This course would be perfect for anyone wishing to delve into wedding planning – either for their own personal gain, or as a step towards a lucrative career in the business. The course is split into manageable modules to help guarantee a well-rounded, comprehensive curriculum.
- Gain a well-rounded introduction to wedding planning, including what activities a wedding planner partakes in, why people rely on wedding planners to ensure their big day goes smoothly and how you can create a profitable wedding planning business.
- Get to grips with the types of wedding that take place, including the various religious ceremonies available, civil ceremonies and non-traditional weddings.
- Understand the various wedding customs that exist across the world and gain further insight into what the various traditions mean across the culture spectrum.
- Recognise the importance of time management, and what aspects of a wedding should be organised at various times, including a year, six months and weeks ahead of the wedding.
- Learn how to choose a wedding venue, and the importance of the budget when making decisions.
- Appreciate the importance of scheduling and the need for an Order of the Day, including speeches, music and readings.
- Understand more about the legalities of weddings, including who can legally marry in the UK and what documentation needs to be provided to ensure a wedding is legal.
- Learn more about some of the major parts of a wedding that need to be considered including themes, attire, catering, stationery, entertainment, the cake, transport, photography, flowers, favours, gifts and the honeymoon.
- Spend some time understanding stag, hen and ‘sten’ dos, what goes into organising one and what traditional and unconventional options exist.
- Learn how to organise a wedding abroad, including what documents are required and what tour operators are available who specialise in this option.
- Gain insight into some of the pros and cons of owning a wedding planning business, including how to be self-employed, marketing, insurance, tax and how to deal with suppliers.
advantages of this course
- Learn online, at a time that is convenient to you. Study around your current home and work commitments, and take your time and complete the modules at a pace that suits you!
- End of course completion certificate included
- Syllabus is broken down into 24 easy-to-navigate, comprehensive modules to ensure maximum knowledge retention and the ability to pick up and put down the modules when you need to.
- Join thousands of people who have already taken the course and completed it successfully.
- Improve your chances of becoming a professional, well-respected and reputable wedding planner and show off your credentials.
Make today your big day and sign up for this fantastic wedding course! You’ll be making every bride and groom’s dream come true in no time!
- To learn about all of the activities that wedding planners take part in
- To know what being a wedding planner is all about
- To understand why people rely on wedding planners
- To learn how you can make money as a wedding planner
- To learn about different religious ceremonies
- To learn about civil ceremonies
- To learn about location weddings and ceremonies
- To learn about non-traditional weddings
- To understand that people from all over the world have different wedding traditions
- To learn more about the meanings that different traditions carry
- To be prepared to cater to traditions that lay outside your own culture
- To appreciate the value and beauty that different wedding traditions hold
- To understand the timeline in which minimum tasks are required to be completed
- To understand what should be done over a year before the wedding
- To understand what should be planned between six months and one year before the wedding
- To understand what should be completed in the last few months before the wedding
- To learn about the basics of finding a venue
- To understand the importance of the budget in finding a venue
- To learn about the implications of the location of the venue
- To understand the importance of scheduling
- To understand how many people take part in the wedding ceremony
- To understand who can be legally married in the UK
- To understand what the couple needs to provide to ensure the wedding is legally recognised
- To learn about the order of the speeches
- To learn about what goes into a speech
- To understand the different types of readings
- To learn how to help the couple find and choose readings
- To understand the basics of planning a theme
- To learn about common wedding themes
- To learn how to narrow down a theme
- To understand how to turn a theme into a concept
- To learn about who needs wedding clothes
- To learn where to get wedding clothes
- To learn more about choosing the best clothes for the wedding
- To learn how to save money when buying wedding clothes
- To understand the importance of catering
- To learn how to choose a caterer
- To understand how to book a wedding cake
- To learn about different beverage packages
- To understand how to choose a baker
- To understand the different components of a wedding cake
- To learn how to organize the cake
- To learn how to display the cake
- To learn how to find the right entertainment for a wedding
- Understanding different forms of wedding entertainment
- Understanding the logistics of wedding entertainment
- Keeping children entertained during a wedding
- To understand the planning process of creating printed materials
- To learn about different gift lists
- To learn how to set up a wedding gift website
- To understand the difference between a paid or free wedding website
- To understand why transport should be booked in advance
- To know how to diversify entertainment options
- To learn how to ensure all guests and wedding party members have transport
- To know how to inspect the transport
- To understand how to find an amazing wedding photographer
- To learn how to consult with a photographer before the wedding day
- To learn how to encourage the couple to get the most out of their experience with the photographer
- To know how to find the right videographer
- To learn what flower arrangements you need
- To understand what flowers are in season and when
- To learn where you can buy flowers in the UK
- To understand whether you need a florist
- To learn about the history of wedding favours
- To learn why wedding favours are given
- To understand the difference between wedding party favours and guest favours
- To know what type of favour is relevant for each wedding
- To learn what type of gifts the wedding planner is in charge of
- To understand how to help the couple make their gift list
- To know what gift responsibilities a wedding planner has at the reception
- To learn how to help the bride and groom choose gifts for their wedding party
- To know what your role of a wedding planner is when the couple marries abroad
- To know which tour operators to recommend to couples marrying abroad
- To understand what documents are necessary for those travelling abroad
- To know how to explain the importance of travel insurance
- To learn how to find good travel deals To learn about popular honeymoon destinations To learn how to book travel successfully To understand how to help the couple book the honeymoon they want
- To learn about planning weekends away
- To learn about budgeting for a traditional party
- To learn about organising a traditional party
- To learn about STEN dos
- To understand the pros and cons of owning a wedding planning business
- To know what knowledge is necessary to be self-employed
- To understand what goes into owning your own business
- To understand how to determine your approach
- To learn about different suppliers that you will use when planning weddings
- To understand how to find good suppliers
- To learn how to negotiate with suppliers
- To learn some tips in dealing with suppliers
- To learn about advertising
- To learn about the different types of advertising available to your business
- To learn the importance having a good reputation
- To learn about building a website
Courses that are IVCAS approved have been fully assessed and met the minimum criteria as set down by IVCAS for online and vocational courses. By taking an IVCAS approved course you can be assured that:
- The course has been assessed by an IVCAS lecturer or course professional to ensure it is of the highest quality.
- The course offers significant benefit to the end user and enhances the end users career prospects
- The course is compatible with all commonly used devices including Smartphone’s and tablets
- The course provider has made every effort to keep the course content up-to-date and factually correct.
For more Information Click here
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad