Garden Design and Maintenance Diploma
If you are inspired by gardens and their design then you will want to explore the art of garden design. Our comprehensive course is a great introduction for anyone who wants to take his or her flare and creativity to a professional level. And that’s not all… The course gives great guidance to help you start your own business.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
Be assured that this 10 module flexible programme is simple and easy-to-digest. You will be able to enjoy the benefits of learning at your own pace and better still, carry on without compromising with your current commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will take you step by step through the basic principles of Garden Design to Costing and estimation.
- Understand the influence of history and tradition from other countries.
- Identify the key contributors to the design and planning of gardens.
- Recognise and understand how the relationship develops between ‘The Garden Designer and his client’.
- Investigate The Basic Principles of Garden Design.
- Compare the balance of structures, spaces and areas to consider when designing a garden.
- Understand the terms used in garden design and planning.
- Understand how to take accurate measurements.
- Learn how to produce a scale drawing.
- Identify what needs to be covered in a plan.
- Understand ways in which plants can be used in a garden.
- Evaluate the basic principles of garden design.
- Establish the main points that need to be considered when preparing a garden.
- Grasp the techniques to help you accommodate slopes.
- Identify the equipment and tools required to execute your design.
- Understand the different types of soil and how to improve them.
- Look at the different options available for irrigation.
- Learn the Golden Rules for using chemicals safely.
- Ways of applying chemicals.
- Summary of pesticides.
- Reading labels.
- Identify the different types of turf.
- Explain what can influence the growth of turf.
- Understand the difference between the 5 basic types of irrigation systems for broad acre and landscaped areas.
- Understand when to prune different plants.
- Describe what protection might be required for plants.
- Recognise the importance of good drainage.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Turn your hobby into an income-bearing career.
- Planning and Managing a Garden
- Furnishings and Machinery
- Feeding Plants
- Weed Control
- Natural Pest Control
- Chemical Pest Control
- Turf Care
- Maintenance of Plants
- Introduction - Garden Design Influences
- Client-Designer Relationship -The Basic Principles of Garden Design
- Planning the Garden
- Taking measurements
- Drawing the Plan
- Preparing the garden
- Equipment, Tools, Soil and Irrigation
- Lawns and Steps
- Garden features
- Costing and estimation
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android