IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training & Certificate
For more information click on the links below:
Improve knowledge of process improvement and prepare for a senior position in a project team by achieving the intermediate Six Sigma Green Belt qualification. Intended specifically for process improvement team members who are looking to take their knowledge of Six Sigma processes to the next level, this course is best suited to:
- Process team managers who need a qualification that demonstrates competence, understanding and application of the Six Sigma methodology at an intermediate level.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or up-skill into process improvement and management using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants who need a credible, industry-recognised qualification to demonstrate their experience and expertise to customers.
- Professionals who want to train for a new role managing a process improvement team.
Process improvement team managers who need to extend their knowledge and master the intermediate-level concepts behind Lean Six Sigma are ideal candidates for the IASSC SIX SIGMA Green Belt Training & Certificate course.
The IASSC SIX SIGMA Green Belt Training & Certificate course contains over 1100 active course pages, backed by instructor-led videos that are all delivered online, ensuring 24x7x365 access for students so that they can study whenever and wherever is most convenient. The implementation road maps included in each phase make it easy to put the lessons into practice using problem-solving technology to create real world benefits. Participants can also use our social networking tools to learn from other course delegates. And end of section tests help learners assess whether they are fully ready to sit the optional Six Sigma exam and earn their Green Belt designation.
Key Learning Points
Fully accredited by the IASSC who administer Six Sigma qualifications and standards, the IASSC SIX SIGMA Green Belt Training & Certificate course teaches students everything they need to work productively as part of a Six Sigma process improvement team. In addition to receiving a copy of the Six Sigma Green Belt Course Manual, delegates will learn the specific application of the DMAIC phases involved in managing a team using Six Sigma:
- The Define phase during which projects are selected, wasteful elements are identified and action items are defined.
- The Measure phase which is used to catalogue and analyse existing processes to define an operational baseline that can then be used to calculate the potential capability of each.
- The Analyse phase which uses statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and the potential value of each improvement without affecting existing systems.
- The Improve phase which takes modelling and experimentation to the next level, helping students identify the changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits, before finally putting those plans into action.
- The Control phase monitors each change that is made and records any deviations from the predicted benefits, allowing for immediate remedial action in the event of under performance.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the IASSC SIX SIGMA Green Belt Training & Certificate course, process improvement experts and managers will be able to lead a team on a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- A working knowledge of applying efficiency planning, analysis and statistical calculations to any process or situation to identify potential improvements.
- Building process models to test hypotheses and improvements before applying them to the operating environment, reducing the risk of negative effects on operations.
- How to apply the DMAIC Six Sigma processes to create immediate business improvements and efficiencies.
- A suitable level of knowledge and experience to lead a team working on a Six Sigma project.
- A wider range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework.
- Practice questions at the end of each module.
- MOCK EXAM module at the end shown as “EXAMINATION” module which contains 100 questions.
IASSC SIX SIGMA Green Belt Training & Certificate course is a mandatory pre-requisite for any candidates wanting to sit the Green Belt exam before heading up a team working on projects using the framework.
Lean Six Sigma is : A modern managerial concept combining Lean and Six Sigma that results in the elimination of the seven kinds of wastes: Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, and Defects.
Lean is : A methodology designed to improve a business by preserving Quality and Value but with less work.
Six Sigma is : A system that is designed to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps.
For ANY Business : Many of the biggest companies in the world use Six Sigma, but so do many of the smallest. Six Sigma is a compelling, business improving, model that defines where a business is needlessly wasting. Every second of every day, business everywhere are duplicating paperwork, making product errors, throwing away stock, using illogical transport routes, staff not being fully utilised, unhappy customers, to name just a few. A Six Sigma trained person, can see a business from a different perspective and ultimately, greatly improve that businesses efficiency by cutting out wastage and mistakes.
For ANY Person : Six Sigma will open your mind to a new perspective that can be used in everyday life. For example, consider shopping. Many of us just “pop” to the shops every day or so, but are you wasting valuable time and money? If you implement Six Sigma Logic you will then calculate, best time to shop to avoid queues (saving wasted time), best places to shop for which items (cost reduction), best route to take to get to all required shops most efficiently vs. best route to take to avoid traffic (fuel saving) and item storage (to avoid throwing away perishable goods). With Six Sigma knowledge you could find shopping costing you less and giving you more time for more pleasurable activities. Six Sigma methodologies can be used to stop wasting electricity/gas/water etc. through to working out the viability of buying a new home.
Six Sigma professionals exist at every level – each with a different role to play. While implementations and roles may vary, here is a basic guide to who does what.
At the project level, there are black belts, master black belts, green belts, yellow belts and white belts. These people conduct projects and implement improvements.
White Belt : Can work on local problem-solving teams that support overall projects, but may not be part of a Six Sigma project team. Understands basic Six Sigma concepts from an awareness perspective.
Yellow Belt : In this role you will be normally part of a Six Sigma Team working to improve a business. This is the introductory level for Six Sigma, so, no prior knowledge is required. Participates as a project team member. Reviews process improvements that support the project.
You will Learn : Terminology and understand the basics of Six Sigma. You will learn to improve a business, demonstrate how Six Sigma can help various businesses, understand and identify common implementation issues and show how DMAIC can redefine a business structure.
Green Belt : In this role you will be normally part of a Six Sigma Management Team working to improve a business. This is both introductory (Yellow Belt) and Intermediate (Green Belt) levels for Six Sigma, so, no prior knowledge is required. Assists with data collection and analysis for Black Belt projects. Leads Green Belt projects or teams.
You will Learn : Terminology and understand Six Sigma to a Management level. Demonstrate how Six Sigma can help various businesses, understand and identify common implementation issues, understanding customer importance in all industries, analyse data correctly to make informed decisions, and show how DMAIC can redefine a business structure.
Black Belt : In this role you will be normally a Project Leader/Consultant or Sigma Six Trainer. This Course covers Basic (Yellow Belt), Intermediate (Green Belt) and Advanced (Black Belt) levels for Six Sigma, no prior knowledge is required. Leads problem-solving projects. Trains and coaches project teams.
You will Learn : To improve a business, demonstrate how Six Sigma can help various businesses, understand and identify common implementation issues, understand customer importance in all industries, analyse data correctly to make informed decisions, be able to train others in Six Sigma, effect permanent problem resolutions, full understanding of Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques and show how DMAIC can redefine a business structure.
Master Black Belt :Trains and coaches Black Belts and Green Belts. Functions more at the Six Sigma program level by developing key metrics and the strategic direction. Acts as an organization’s Six Sigma technologist and internal consultant.
Every project needs organizational support. Six Sigma executives and champions set the direction for selecting and deploying projects. They ensure, at a high level, that projects succeed, add value and fit within the organizational plan.
Champions : Translate the company’s vision, mission, goals and metrics to create an organizational deployment plan and identify individual projects. Identify resources and remove roadblocks.
Executives :Provide overall alignment by establishing the strategic focus of the Six Sigma program within the context of the organization’s culture and vision.
The complete Lean Six Sigma DMAIC course prepares participants to perform the role of a LSS Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Materials are a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the Lean Six Sigma D-M-A-I-C body of knowledge required to successfully prepare students to achieve Black Belt certifications and performance standards.
The e-Careers materials are much more than simple tools training, this curriculum is formatted in such a way that the problem-solving strategy is demonstrated throughout the course.
|Online Course with Exam|
|IASSC Six Sigma Green Belt|
|IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above